Do you know your family history or your family origin? If you asked your parents where your grandma or your grandpa were born would they be able to tell you? If your child asked you about their family’s origin would you be able to tell them? I became very interested in this topic after recently attending a memorial for a close family member. At the memorial several members of my family ask me questions about my dad’s family. I was asked if my father was still alive and if so where he was living, and other questions about his parents. Most of the questions I could not answer because my mom never shared with me details about my dad, his parents or my grandma and I never thought to ask until now. After the memorial, we decided to stay with my cousin overnight and drive home the next day and while sitting around the table talking with my niece she asked me if we could meet in two months for a weekend as a family to share family photos and put together photo albums f...
There have been many times in my life, and still some today, when I fight reality. I want a different outcome. I desire for things to be different than they are. I pray for divine intervention to change the facts. What usually occurs are that the facts remain and all I have done is to create pain and disappointment for myself. It is said that what we resist, persists. What if instead of resisting, we accepted? Recently I was introduced to the Navajo word “Hozho.” It is the most important word in the Navajo language. Roughly translated it means peace, balance, beauty, and harmony. When you are one with and part of the world around you, it is said you are “in Hozho.” Here is how it shows up. Say there is a drought. Many of the modern religions would say to pray for rain. Instead, the Navajo hold a ceremony to help them be at peace with the drought, to be in harmony with the drought. Said another way,...
Several years ago, I believed that Klout was extremely important. I saw value in it, while many naysayers expressed how silly it really was. All that did was encourage me to defend it’s “value” even more. However, over time I saw for myself that Klout is nothing other than a silly game . Firstly, the company keeps how the algorithm is calculated a big mystery. They became even more sneaky with this practice after Lithium had acquired it. At the same token, you can artificially increase the score by gaming the system. You can throw garbage onto your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc and arrange to have a slew of likes and comments and that will increase the score. Yet, if you share some content on a regular basis that is valuable that organically receives engagement- your score will likely decrease or stay the same. Why? No one knows except for the folks at Klout. They keep it a secret on purpose. I have stopped looking at people’s Klout scores and I pay more at...
Comments
Post a Comment